The Hutchinson Building is now home to the Kansas Central Model Railroaders

0

Today’s episode of our “Hutch – Then & Now Collection” takes us to the East Third Avenue unit block on the north side. The building at 16 E. Third Ave. was built around 1920 and housed the AC Bush garage.

It has changed hands several times throughout its history. In 1924 it was the Henningsen Produce Co. In 1929 it was the JA Fox Tractor Co. In the 1930s it was the Betts Baking Co. Garage.

Around 1940 its use changed and it became the Winnie Winkle Club & Restaurant, owned by William & Jess Wood. The first photo shows it in 1945, right next to the Santa Fe Trail Transportation Co.

It remained the Winnie Winkle until 1962, then it became Phil’s Beer Tavern. Between 1969 and 1976 it was the Lemon Tree Tavern. From 1977 to 1982 it was the Front Porch Tavern.

Winnie Winkle Club Rest Woods Woods Adult Gifts 16 E 3rd Ave., 1998.

Then its use changed again. In 1982, Barney & Vivian Woods opened “Woods & Woods” adult gifts and costume rentals. The second photo shows this company, which was there until the mid-2000s.

Winnie Winkle Club Rest Grand Central Station 16 E 3rd Ave.  July 2022.

In 2018, the Kansas Central Model Railroaders made this building their showroom and club headquarters. The third photo shows the building today. It is called Grand Central Station and is owned by Radwan & Nisrine Shaban.


Source link

Share.

Comments are closed.